Important Things You Should Know Before Getting Rhinoplasty
It goes without saying that getting surgery done on your nose can make you nervous. Some people might fret over all the possibilities and consequences while some might be excited.
The first thing you need to do is make sure that you’re getting the most professional surgeons to ensure the best results. Rhinoplasty in Dubai is famous because of the highly experienced team of professionals that have commendable success rates. If you are opting for this surgery, they will explain everything to you in detail prior to the treatment. However, there are still things that a lot of people can’t help but wonder about the ‘nose job’.
So, let’s take a look at some of the important things you should know before getting rhinoplasty:
It All Depends on the Surgeons
There are thousands of surgeons available for millions of clients and patients that want surgery. But as we mentioned above, not all surgeons are able to produce the same results. Since they all have variable experiences, it’s difficult to say which one will be the best for you. Although, it’s easier to assume that those who are the most experienced will certainly have a more definitive idea about what to do in your specific case as well.
Know The Difference
Although your medical expert will eventually tell you this, there’s a difference between rhinoplasty and septoplasty. You might be familiar with the term “nose job” that is easily used to describe both these surgeries. However, they’re not entirely the same. The term septoplasty is dedicated for a surgical procedure of the nose to adjust the deviated septum that causes difficulty in breathing. This could be for infants who have some defects at birth or for individuals who have suffered an injury.
Rhinoplasty surgery is used for strictly cosmetic and aesthetic purposes. This is a surgery that is more related to the term ‘nose job’ as people use it. More often than not, rhinoplasty is what people want even though it’s not covered by insurance. Whereas septoplasty can be listed as one of the surgeries that insurances cover.
Don’t just blindly trust anyone who says they’ll do a good job with your face. You don’t want to risk having another surgery just to undo the mistakes of the previous mess. Make sure that you’re well aware of the people you’re hiring for the job.
You can do this by taking down the names of the surgeons’ previous clientele and asking them about the surgeon in question. Talk about the experience and ask people for their before and after surgery photos. More often than not, they’ll be happy to comply with your requests. In this way, you’ll be able to conduct your research and ensure you’re going for the right procedure and the right surgeon.
There’s Little To No Pain
Some people think that since their nose is going to suffer incisions and cuts, it’ll hurt a lot. However, this is not true as surgeons put the patient under an anaesthetic before conducting surgery. The only pain you’ll feel is of the IV drip being pinned on your vein and the post-surgery stitches that get plucked out. You’ll be on your way in 4-5 hours upon entering the clinic.
Pre And Post Surgery Precautions:
Here’s a list of things you shouldn’t do before you go for the surgery:
- Avoid medications like aspirin, naproxen, ibuprofen, etc.
- Avoid intaking Vitamin E or any herbal supplements for at least two weeks before the surgery.
- You can’t smoke for at least half a month before surgery and for an even longer duration after the surgery.
- Stay out of the sun for two weeks before the surgery.
- You can use products like a saline nasal spray, Vaseline ointment, herbal supplements that reduce swelling and stool softener.
- Avoid water and food after midnight before the day you go for the surgery.
After the surgery, here’s a list of things you should take care of:
- Avoid physical activities that require strain and stress.
- You can’t jog or run for a duration of a few weeks at least.
- Don’t blow your nose for half a month.
- Intake of Fruits and vegetables is recommended to avoid constipation.
- No smiling or laughing for a specific period of time.
- If you have to engage in brushing or any related unavoidable activity, be very gentle.
- Try going for buttoned clothes that you can fasten from the front. Moreover, try sleeping with your head elevated.
It can take anywhere from 4-6 weeks before you recover substantially. Our Best plastic surgeons in Dubai will make sure that you get the most satisfying results that you deserve. Ultimately, you’ll have a great experience, and you can revisit your doctors to check.